Get involved, connect, and grow by joining the WICS committee for the upcoming academic year! WICS focuses on issues relevant to supporting and promoting women in computer science and serve our community in the following ways:
• Provide a support network for members comprising of role models, mentors, and peers.
• Provide a social, technical, and networking community for all interested students within the department and university.
• Promote an increased knowledge of and greater interest in the contributions of women in the science, design, development, construction, languages, management, and applications of modern computing.
• Work with the CS department to provide feedback on the continued improvement of the learning and working environment(s) of women in computing.
• Assist in activities that promote and provide increased recruitment and retention of women in computing throughout the pipeline, including volunteering in activities for girls in K-12, undergraduate and graduate students, and professionals.
Who should consider joining the committee? Undergraduate students, with a declared major or minor in computer science, who are prepared to effectively collaborate with both administration and other student organizations, mentor members of the department, advocate for women in computer science, and uphold the principles of diversity. Officers should be assertive and respectful communicators — willing and able to devote time to WICS meetings, events, and projects.
If you are interested in joining this amazing organization, please fill the form here. Thanks!