Our new an improved website is live! While it is still under construction, if you have any suggestions, please email our web administrator at email@example.com
Officers for the upcoming school year have been elected!
The officer positions are as follows:
President: Abby Monhansundr
Vice President: Dania Azhari
Treasurer: Jason Guo
Secretary and Web/Systems Administrator: Reem Hussein
Public Relations: Sarah Ather
Event Coordinators: Sarah Ather and Iqra Memon
Outreach Officer: Hayley Christianson
College Liason: Sarah Kazi
Congratulations to next year’s officers! :-)
For anyone who wants to know the rules and regulations of WiCS, the new constitution can be read here.
Calling all women coders on March 11 — register for Code Jam I/O for Women today to win a ticket to Google I/O! goo.gl/2PMLWn
Get involved, connect, and grow by joining the WICS committee for the upcoming academic year! WICS focuses on issues relevant to supporting and promoting women in computer science and serve our community in the following ways:
• Provide a support network for members comprising of role models, mentors, and peers.
• Provide a social, technical, and networking community for all interested students within the department and university.
• Promote an increased knowledge of and greater interest in the contributions of women in the science, design, development, construction, languages, management, and applications of modern computing.
• Work with the CS department to provide feedback on the continued improvement of the learning and working environment(s) of women in computing.
• Assist in activities that promote and provide increased recruitment and retention of women in computing throughout the pipeline, including volunteering in activities for girls in K-12, undergraduate and graduate students, and professionals.
Who should consider joining the committee? Undergraduate students, with a declared major or minor in computer science, who are prepared to effectively collaborate with both administration and other student organizations, mentor members of the department, advocate for women in computer science, and uphold the principles of diversity. Officers should be assertive and respectful communicators — willing and able to devote time to WICS meetings, events, and projects.
If you are interested in joining this amazing organization, please fill the form here. Thanks!
Want to become an officer for the 2017-2018 school year? Just fill out the form below to submit your application.